@@About Us^Patient Rights & Professional Ethics@@Principles of the Nursing Department at Kyoto University Hospital
Patient Rights & Professional Ethics
Principles of the Nursing Department at Kyoto University Hospital
Principles of the Nursing Department
Nurses have four fundamental responsibilities: to promote health; to prevent sickness; to restore health and to relieve suffering. We offer a holistic perspective and are proactive in working with our specialists in order to fulfill these responsibilities. We also provide nursing care based on the Kyoto University Hospital's principles in patient rights.
- 1. We respect patients' beliefs, personalities, lives and rights.
- 2. We help patients make their own decisions by providing all necessary information.
- 3. We maintain competence by continually learning as individuals as well as part of the hospital.
- 4. We promote research activities to improve the quality of nursing care, and also co-operate to fulfill the mission of Kyoto University Hospital, which provides excellent medical care, education and research.
- 5. We co-operate, establish trust with different departments and participate in the hospital operations as a part of the medical team.
- 6. We contribute to the national welfare through nursing care.
- 7. We are active in developing and sustaining a core of professional values. (This is based on the code of ethics by the International Council of Nurses, 2005)
Kyoto University Hospital 54 Kawaharacho, Shogoin, Sakyo-ku Kyoto,606-8507, JAPAN
Please note that we cannot answer questions regarding health issues over the phone.
Copyright © Kyoto University Hospital. All Rights Reserved.