ü@üäü@For Patients & Visitorsü^Admission Guideü@üäü@Hospital Stay
- üťMeals during your hospital stay will be served by the hospital. It is prohibited to bring food in from outside. It is prohibited to give food to other patients as well.
- üťMeals will be delivered to you during the following times. The restart or cancellation of meals might be late depending on the amount of notice you give to meal staff.
üEBreakfast: 8:00ü@üELunch: 12:00ü@üEDinner: 18:00
- üťA fixed cost for meals will be charged during your hospital stay.
- üťNormal rooms contains 4 patients. We may ask patients to change rooms depending on medical conditions.
- üťThere are some pay private rooms available. Go to a nursing station if you are interested.
How to Spend Your Hospital Stay
- üťIt is our aim to provide to the best possible environment to allow you to concentrate on your treatment. If you have any problems, suggestions, or requests about your treatment or hospital stay, do not hesitate to contact our medical staff. A patient counseling room is also available.
- üťWe ask that all patients wear wristbands for medical safety reasons such as identifying patients.
- üťCell phones are only permitted in designated areas.
- üťSmoking is prohibited in all areas of the hospital. If you smoke in the middle of a treatment, we may have to cease treatment. A smoking cessation clinic is available in the hospital. It is recommended to take a consultation before your hospital stay. (Patches to help you quit smoking are not covered by health insurance during your hospital stay.üj
- üťA book area "Hokkori" is located on Hospital Street on the 3rd floor of the outpatient ward. Lending service to patient rooms is available. Your registration number is required to borrow books. (10am to 4pm on weekdays.)
Day Leave and Overnight Leave
- üťIt is necessary to obtain permission from your doctor for day leave and overnight leave. If you have permission, please go to a nursing station to apply. Let a nurse know when you return from a day leave or overnight leave.
- üťThe restart or cancellation of meals might be late depending on the amount of notice you give to meal staff. It is not considered to be a cancellation when you do not eat a delivered meal for personal reasons. If you are planning on a day leave or overnight leave, cancellation should be placed at least one meal prior to the next expected delivery time.
- üťIt is necessary to obtain permission to enter other patient rooms, treatment rooms and nursing stations. Let a nurse know when you leave your room.
- üťIn principle, no one is allowed to stay with the patience. However, in case the doctor gives a permission upon family's request as well as due to one's condition, only family member can accompany the patient.
- üťPayment counter is open from 8:30am to 6pm on weekdays.
- üťWe close the bill for your hospital stay at the end of each month and give you the bill in the middle of the following month. Make the payment at the payment counter (no.14) by the end of the month. If you check out of the hospital, make the payment on the day of discharge.
- üťYou need to pay the medical expenses first for the injuries including traffic accidents that you received from the third party.
- üťCredit cards and debit cards are accepted.
(Some cards are not accepted)
Details of Payment by Credit and Debit Cards
- üťSpecial rooms and birth assistance are not covered by the health insurance. These are charged based on our charging rules.
- üťIf you are hospitalized for over 180 days (including other hospitals) for the same disease, you must pay part of the hospitalization fee on top of the co-payment of the health insurance. (2,592yen)
- üťIf you have to see other clinical departments (including dentistry) than the one you are seeing during your hospital stay, it is considered to be a first consultation even with your doctor's referral. You need to pay a fee of 5,400 yen for the first consultation without a referral (not covered by the health insurance.). However, if it is related to the current disease, the fee can be waived.
- üťKeep receipts safe as you will need them when applying for major medical expense supplies or medical expense deductions. We do not reissue receipts. (As an alternative, it is possible to issue certificates proving payment. Please go to counter no.20 on the 1st floor of the outpatient ward.)
If you have questions regarding hospitalization costs, go to the admission counter.
- üťAfter you receive permission of discharge from your doctor, we will give you the bill at the wating room for discharged patient. Please pay at payment counter no.14 on the 1st floor of the outpatient ward.
- üťMake sure to receive your registration card at your ward as you will need it for the outpatient visit.
- üťThose patients who will make outpatient visits after discharge, receive the reservation slip.
- üťBring your health insurance card for the outpatient visit as it is necessary to check it every month.
Make sure not to leave anything in the room.
- üťIf you need medical certificates, go to the office at each ward. (9am to 4pm)
- üťIf you need medical certificates after discharge and make an outpatient visit, apply at a reception desk of a clinical department after registration. If you do not make an outpatient visit, apply at the counter for medical certificates in front of the elevator on the 1st floor.
- üťWe do not accept any requests of issuing certificates by mail or over the phone.
- üťFor pedestrian safety and leaving space for emergency vehicles, we limit the number of cars in parking lots. Due to limited space, you are not allowed to park your car during the hospitalization. Ask any visitors to use public transportation too.
- üťParking is free on the day of admission and discharge. It is also free if you are asked to come by the hospital. Receive a waiving request form at the ward. To waive the fee, go to the admission counter during office hours (8:30am to 5:15pm on weekdays). After office hours, go to the security guard box (across from the off-hours reception). If you are visiting the west ward, waive the fee at the west ward.
If there is any possibility of danger from fire, inform other patients as well as the hospital staff.
Notice the following when making an evacuation.
- üťFollow any instructions by hospital staff. Do not act independently.
- üťHelp each other and act calmly.
- üťDo not take an elevator in case of a blackout.
- üťFor primary school and junior high school students who require hospitalization, there is a hospital school (Classroom at Kyoto University Hospital by Kyoto City Toyo Special Needs School) located on Hospital Street on the 3rd floor of the outpatient ward. Inquiry at the hospital school if you are interested.
- üťPatients' names will be presented in patient rooms for safety reasons. If you do not wish to give your information to visitors, tell the admission counter (1st floor of the outpatient ward) .
- üťIf you would like to vote by absentee ballot, tell the ward chief one week prior to the voting date.
- üťWe do not accept any gifts from patients.
- üťSome thefts have been reported in the past. Please keep your valuables safe. If you see suspicious individuals, please inform nursing stations.
Kyoto University Hospital 54 Kawaharacho, Shogoin, Sakyo-ku Kyoto,606-8507, JAPAN
Please note that we cannot answer questions regarding health issues over the phone.
Copyright © Kyoto University Hospital. All Rights Reserved.