In principle, outpatient appointments can be made by other medical institutions or by return visitors only. The waiting time will be longer for patients without appointments. It is recommended to go to your nearest clinic or hospital to make an initial appointment based on the referral system.
- Appointments can be made by referral from other medical institutions.
- Discuss the next appointment with your doctor at the end of the consultation.
- If you would like to change your appointment or make a new appointment, it is possible to do so over the phone.
- We cannot make or change appointments for medical tests over the phone. Consult with your doctor.
Patients Who Need Second Opinions
- Specialists at Kyoto University Hospital provide patients examined at other medical institutions with opinions on their diagnoses and treatments. The purpose is to provide patients with information to choose their own treatments.
- Second opinion clinic is by advance appointments only. Contact the community network office.
- As we need to collect information from your medical institutions, it usually takes a couple of weeks from time of application to consultation. Depending on the situation, we may ask patients to go through the normal outpatient process or may have to cancel applications.
- Diseases dealt in the second opinion clinic are as follows.
List of Diseases for Second Opinions
Appointments are accepted between 9am and 5pm (except on Sat, Sun, Public Holidays and Year End and New Year Holidays). Provide your registration number, clinical department and the doctor in charge.